Seriously though, overheating and exploding batteries are an unfortunate fact of modern life, and aside from avoiding things like overcharging them, making them too warm or even squeezing them, it’s just something we have to watch out for.

Pcmag.com has the details on this latest episode:

A Florida man claims one of his Apple AirPods recently overheated in his ear, then blew up.

Jason Colon was working out a gym in St. Petersburg, Fla., listening to music on his wireless earbuds when “white smoke start billowing out,” he told Tampa news outlet WFLA. “It’s the craziest thing I ever went through.”

Ponder the evidence at pcmag.com